Hazleton, Pa. - Beginning on Monday, August 31 the fitness centers in the Physical Education Building will begin a phased re-opening of facilities. The Gymnasium, Cardio Room and Weight Room will be open during the following times:
Monday - Thursday: 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To use the Gymnasium:
Please be sure to bring your Penn State ID to the gym and check in with the attendant. Inside you will find additional cardio equipment along the far wall that can be used on a first come first served basis and 2-3 basketball hoops will be lowered for use.
- At this time, all recreational activities such as basketball are limited to single person usage.
- Balls and other equipment are currently unavailable. Students are encouraged to bring their own.
- All COVID-19 policies remain in effect including maintaining social distance, mask wearing and sanitation of fitness equipment before and after use.
To use the Cardio Room and Weight Room:
Students may reserve a 45 minute workout session in either room once per day. The reservation system for Cardio and Weight Room workouts is active on the Penn State Hazleton Intramural Sports page on IMLeagues.com. We are experiencing glitches with the IMLeagues app so we encourage you to use the desktop website to make reservations at this time.
To schedule a reservation, you must create a free account with IMLeagues.com by going to: https://www.imleagues.com/spa/account/registration
- Select Penn State Hazleton with the dropdown box
- Enter the required information
Once your account is active you are now able to schedule reservations by going to: https://www.imleagues.com/spa/reservation/0529308e04a4473b8dee6f4081a9600c/classes
- You may schedule one session per day in each of the rooms by clicking on the calendar or the colored banners to view the available time slots.
- Please note that our current capacity for each room is two people per session.
- If your desired session is full, you may sign up on the waitlist for that time but are not guaranteed spot during the 45 minute workout session.
Please show up on time for your scheduled workout. You must present you Penn State ID to the Fitness Center attendant and will be screened prior to entry. We encourage you to fill your water bottles prior to entering the facility, since your ID card will not give you access to the rooms. You will be required to follow all of the Fitness Center rules. Non-compliance may result in the revoking of your access to the Fitness Centers.
These links and facility rules are also available on our website at: https://psuhazletonsports.com/information/Reservations or by selecting Fitness Center Reservations under the Recreation dropdown menu. If you encounter difficulties creating an account or registering for times, please contact Ryan Aten at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to build a safe and healthy student experience for you during these difficult times. We are in this together so please be courteous to our building staff and fellow students, and use good hygiene practices so that we may continue to expand our facility hours and room capacity.